Certain rules and regulations have been formulated by the Worship Committee to ensure that the wedding setting portrays a feeling of worship and reverence. The bride is expected to acquaint her florist with the following information:
1.The Sanctuary will be prepared for the wedding by the custodian and the Chancel Committee. The wedding kneeler and altar appointments will be in place before the florist arrives. Neither the altar nor the sedilia (Minister's seats) can be moved.
2. Flower stands can be used in several places, provided they do not interfere with the duties of the minister or the vision of the organist. NO FLOWERS ARE TO BE PLACED ON THE ALTAR. They may be used on a stand behind the altar, provided they are not so high as to hide the floor cross. Only vases belonging to the church may be used within the Sanctuary. Special consideration as to size and placement should be made if the flowers are to be left for the Sunday service.
3. No candelabras are to be used behind the altar as they will be too high for the cross. No plants, candelabras, tacks, scotch tape, or adhesive tape are to be placed on any pews or chancel furniture. No greenery or flowers may be attached to furniture, communion railing, walls, or columns.
4. Only ribbon or rubber bands may be used to anchor pew markers or bows. Small arrangements of flowers or greenery may be used as pew markers if they are attached to covered clips.
5. All candles in candelabras must be in Chace-type holders to avoid dripping. No candles may be used in the windows except battery ones. The church will furnish all candles for the altar and for the candelabras for a small replacement fee. We do not use a unity candle or unity sand in our church.
6. Immediately after the wedding, the church must be cleared of all decorations of any kind by the parties who placed them there. If you plan to leave a flower arrangement for Sunday service, please notify the church office well in advance of the wedding date.
7. In case of any damage, the parties decorating will be held responsible. The church will have the damage repaired, and the bill will be sent to the bride or the person responsible.
8. A member of the Chancel Committee must be present when the church is being decorated and when decorations are removed. Please make arrangements with your director as to the time you and/or your florist wish to have this done. The building must be unlocked and the alarm system deactivated by authorized personnel.
9. The florist should plan to deliver flowers before noon on the wedding day. This allows final preparations to go smoothly.